Versatile, durable and chemically-resistant material that bridges the gap between plastic and metal
Why choose Delrin AF?
- Extremely low friction and wear
- Chemical resistance
- Good dimensional stability
- Natural lubricity
- Outstanding fatigue endurance
- Wide end-use temperature range
- Good electrical insulating characteristics
What are some common Delrin AF applications?
- Mechanical: gears, bearings, pump impellers
- Electrical: electrical switch components, electromechanical counter frames
- Chemical: pumps and beverage valves, household water softeners, garden chemical sprayers
- Environmental: marine fittings, fuel senders/modules, heater blowers
Delrin AF is a highly versatile plastic material with metal-like properties. Thanks to its chemical resistance, natural lubricity, and wide end-use temperature range, Delrin AF is well suited for projects in a wide variety of industries and operating environments. It is especially useful for components that require lubrication but must function without grease or oil.
|Grade||Processing Method||Process Characteristics||Product Characteristics||Applications|
|100AF||Extruded, Injection Molded||High viscosity resin used in easy-to-fill molds. PTFE fibers added to resin.||Maximum unmodi-fied toughness;extrem-ely low friction and wear.||Bearings, bushings,cams, and other anti-friction devices where extra tough-ness is needed.|
Does this sound like the right material for the job? Talk to our engineers and get your project started today.