COC and COP share glass’s exceptional optical properties while also offering exceptional transparency, low birefringence, a high Abbe number, and high heat resistance. Unlike polycarbonate and acrylics, COC and COP exhibit moisture insensitivity, giving them an advantage over competing materials. The materials’ biocompatibility makes COC/COP great options for microfluidics and life science, although the unavailability of stock shapes is a potential downside.
Why Choose COC/COP
- Best in class transparency and light transmission
- Low fluorescence
- Low water absorption
- Superior chemical resistance
- Very brittle and hard, does not scratch easily. Multiple temperature grades to 275F working temperature
- Suitable for optical applications
- Often used in microfluidics and life sciences
Does this sound like the right material for the job? Talk to our engineers and get your project started today.