Nylatron GS is a nylon and molybdenum disulphide combination engineered to improve the mechanical and thermal properties of type 6/6 Nylon, while not affecting its chemical and electrical properties.
The addition of fine particles of MoS2 solid lubricant adds extra lubricity to nylon 6/6 permitting Nylatron GS parts to operate with little or no lubrication. This makes Nylatron GS nylon especially suited to applications where lubrication is impractical, contaminating or difficult to maintain. In addition to the advantages offered by Nylatron GS’ non-galling and non–scratching characteristics, Nylatron GS has good insulation properties, dampening and is resistant to oils, greases, most alkalis, solvents and organic acids.
Why Choose Nylatron GS?
- Greater wear resistance in many applications where unfilled Nylon is unsatisfactory.
- Lower coefficient of friction for superior performance with the internal lubricant MDS when additional lubrication is impractical or undesirable.
- Tensile and compressive strength are increased in conjunction with improved elastic modulus by 40%. Resist creep and deformation under load better than unfilled Nylon 6/6.
- Increase of 50F thermal deflection temperature versus Nylon 6/6 allowing for longer, hotter operating conditions.
- Lower CTE than Nylon 6/6 means better fits and clearances through a large range of conditions avoiding seizing.
Does this sound like the right material for the job? Talk to our engineers, and get your project started today.