Polyetheretherketone is a high performance semi-crystalline thermoplastic that is a great choice for machined parts when high performance is a must. Peek machined parts can be used continuously to temperatures up to 480F, and in hot water or steam service without affecting physical properties. Peek parts will have superior chemical resistance and great toughness and strength. With a natural color of tan, with black available, Peek offers good dimensional stability and is easy to machine. Peek is generally more expensive than other plastics, and its common applications are bushings, wear rings, seals, bearings.
At Controlled Fluidics, we use several types of PEEK, including:
- Unfilled PEEK plate up to 1’’ thick
- 30% glass fiber reinforced PEEK plate up to 2.5” thick
- 30% carbon fiber reinforced PEEK plate up to 1.25” thick
Why Choose Peek?
- High strength
- High purity
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent wear resistance
- Broad chemical resistance
- FDA approved
Does this sound like the right material for the job? Talk to our engineers and get your project started today.