Good material for structural components that require strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures.
Why choose Ultem?
- Flame resistant
- UV stable
- FDA compliant
- High electrical insulation properties
- Good performance at elevated temperatures
What are some common Ultem applications?
- Medical devices
- Aircraft components
- Food processing equipment
- Automotive components
Ultem has excellent heat and flame resistance, performing continuously to 340° F. It is hydrolysis resistant and highly resistant to acidic solutions; it can easily tolerate repeated steam sterilizations for reusable medical devices. Ultem is also used in electronics because of its good arc resistance and is well-suited to applications that require consistent dielectric properties over a wide range of frequencies.
Controlled Fluidics uses several varieties of Ultem, including:
- Ultem 1000 plate 0.100” – 3” thick
- Ultem 1000 rod up to 4’’ diameter
- Ultem 2300 rod up to 3” diameter
- Ultem 2300 plate 0.250” – 4” thick
Does this sound like the right material for the job? Talk to our engineers and get your project started today.